While unattended home sleep monitoring is susceptible to test failures, there are some simple steps to improving the likelihood of quality results. We have put together some “Best Practice” guidelines to get the most out of our SleepSat 3-D high-resolution pulse oximeter:
Charge the SleepSat fully before administering, between test nights, then, for at least an hour before downloading.
- It is important to use a consistent power source (such as a wall outlet). Computers typically stop charging devices when they go into sleep mode or provide sub-optimal charging, increasing the charging time significantly.
- If possible, keep the oximeter on a charger between uses so that it is always ready for the next patient.
Patient Instructions & Probe Selection
- Have patients view the instructions at www.sleepsat.com/patientvideowith a staff member.
- TIP: Have staff ask the patient to demonstrate these steps to show comprehension.
- If the sensor moves or falls off during the night, or if they wake up and see that the sensor light is not on, instruct the patient to hold down the power button until it starts back up.
- Select the right probe.
- If your patient's finger is smaller than average (in the ~44-110 lb range), a small probe or a disposable probe may perform better. Disposable probes may also be better suited for patients with larger than average fingers or patients with low blood pressure or poor perfusion.
- If the patient is expected to be a restless sleeper, instruct them to tape the sensor to the back of the finger or consider using a disposable adhesive sensor.
- Instructions for applying disposable probes: SleepSat.com Resources - Disposable Probe Video
Only use approved cleaning agents to clean your device. A 70% Isopropyl Alcohol wipe or solution on a cloth is recommended.
- Non-approved cleaners, such as household santizers and non-approved disinfectant wipes will discolor or degrade important sensor components and drastically reduce the useabe life of your equipment.
The oximeter will store up to 70 hrs of data. We recommend recording a maximum of 5-6 studies before clearing the device.
Trouble-shoot with the Charge, Unplug, Rest, Reset Method:
Many unexpected device behaviors can be linked to using the SleepSat when the battery is extremely low. Processes may not close properly if the battery gets too low, resulting in unexpected behavior from your device. If the device is not downloading or seems unresponsive:
Charge, Unplug, Rest, Reset.
- Charge it, unplug it, allow it to rest, untouched, for 10 minutes. Then, turn it back on by pressing the power button until the lights appear. Allow it to shut down on its own to conclude the reset process.
App Hangs on Syncing Device? Power on Oximeter, Re-open App, Then Connect USB:
- Close the app and disconnect the USB from the oximeter. Turn the SleepSat ON, then connect the USB cable. Open the Connection Center app and re-try the download.
If You Find the Device is Often Coming Back without Data:
Perform a short test recording on an office staff member with an unpolished nail to check if the device is recording. (Click Here for Steps)
- If you cannot find your test recording, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888.666.0635 for additional assistance.
- If it is recording, the issue can often be remedied through patient instruction or probe selection.
We welcome feedback from our customers. You play a vital role in allowing us to continually improve our devices and software. Our support team is happy to assist you with any questions, problems, or suggestions for improvement, and we regularly update www.sleepsat.com/resources with new tutorials and support articles.
For assistance, email: email@example.com or call: 888.666.0635